The Ultimate List of User Generated Content Statistics
Researching a product by watching product review videos on YouTube, searching a hashtag on Instagram, or looking at product questions and answers on the company’s site has become an integral part of the modern customer journey. But to use user generated content (UGC) to its full potential, it’s necessary to know its current status and where it stands. Here’s an assembly of the most important user generated content statistics for e-commerce.
User Generated Content Statistics: UGC Has An Enormous Scope
- Consumers between the ages of 25 and 54 produce 70% of all UGC. (SparkReel)
- Social Media contributors have increased by 176 Million in the last year (social media today)
- There are between Two to Four Billion uploads of images on social media per day.
- 25% of search results for the world’s 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content. (Kissmetrics)
- UGC is dominating web content. Pinterest pin creation is up 75%, and Airbnb reviews are up 140% year-over-year. (Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers)
- Companies that have launched Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns using consumer-generated photos have seen up to a 50% increase in click through rate, over brand-created images, leading to a 5X Return on Ad Spend. (Instagram partners)
- Consumers on average spend 5.4 hours per day with user-generated content.
Don’t believe it? Check out our post, The Multifaceted Impact of UGC!
Read on below for more user generated content statistics…
User Generated Content Statistics: UGC Is Omnipresent
Curious about the state of UGC around the world? Our reports on UGC in Europe and UGC in Asia will give you the scoop!
User Generated Content Statistics: UGC Generates Trust
- 92% of consumers worldwide say they trust word-of-mouth more than advertising.
- According to a report by Forrester, 70% of consumers consider product and brand recommendations from their social circles trustworthy and 46% trust online reviews posted by other customers. In comparison, only 10% trust banner ads on websites.
- 70% of consumers trust reviews written by other customers above professionally written marketing content.
- Customer-made reviews about a product are trusted 12x more than promotional marketing content.
- 51% of US consumers trust user-generated content more than other information on a company website.
- 71% of consumers say that reviews are important before buying a product.
User Generated Content Statistics: Millennials Love UGC
User Generated Content Statistics: UGC Affects Buying Decisions
Curious about how Ratings and Reviews impacts the buying process and what you can do to optimize it? Don’t miss out on our Ratings and Reviews FAQ sheet or our guide, Optimizing Your Site’s Ratings and Reviews!
Why Social Annex Is A Great Vendor For UGC Solutions
Fill out the form for all of our ratings and reviews best practices!