Visual content marketing is the process of creating content for a specific target audience that is visually appealing to them and intends to convert them into buying customers. Researches show that social media posts with visuals had 2.3 times more engagement compared to posts without visuals. Some common forms of visual content are images, videos, charts, infographics, and slide decks. More than 37% of marketers prefer visual content marketing over any other form of marketing. Most businesses admit that their target audience prefers video content over text because it’s more relevant and powerful. 63% of social media entails images which will continue to increase in the near future.
Importance of Visual Content Marketing:
- It is highly engaging compared to posts with just text in it and is one of the best tools for marketing.
- Helps you perceive the visual in accordance with the information provided, making the message far more effective.
- Marketers that adopt visual content marketing gain more followers, traction, and revenue.
- Visual content has become a vital aspect in each of the top 5 most effective B2B marketing tactics. Almost 95% B2B buyers stated that they prefer visual content over other formats.
Nike’s ‘Unlimited campaign’ is a great example of visual content and shows how a brand can drive positive conversations. The campaign showed how ordinary people and their lives can be extremely inspirational.
Visual Content Marketing Statistics
With over 88% marketers stating that they have used visual media in articles that they have published, the year 2019 saw a huge leap in content marketing. The statistics are as follows-
- From the social media perspective, 57% marketers prefer going live on social media, where Facebook live has 10% more engagement and almost 90% of the videos can be played on phone.
- 73% of videos used for visual content marketing are not more than 2 minutes long, hence making it more convenient for the customers.
- With over 500 million accounts on Instagram, almost 58% of people agreed on getting more attracted and convinced by a paid Instagram ad story while almost 70% of people in a survey took active interest in Facebook stories.
- 80% of people who purchase things online have said they trust a video more, when it comes to buying a product. The Social Media Examiner (SME) further confirms that more than 69% marketers plan on increasing YouTube usage, while 73% rely on social platforms to understand more about marketing. Maximum businesses in future, almost 51 to 80%, by prediction, will almost rely on visual content for progressive marketing.
- There has been a significant increase in several types of video formats used in the last few years. In the year 2019, over 40% of marketers used stock photos, and over 37% marketers used original graphics, like infographics, while 14% of them preferred using videos and presentations.
Benefits Of Visual Content Marketing As A Strategy
Videos are an important part of efficient digital marketing. They are used often as they have the ability to grasp customer’s attention. Visual content marketing strategies are equally important for effective digital marketing as marketers using visual content marketing strategies have a greater command over followers, shares, statistics and market analytics.
- Apart from brand recognition and user engagement, an effective visual content marketing strategy is capable of generating an increased number of leads. Over 93% of running businesses claim that using visual content has helped their business grow in a significant way.
- A well planned visual marketing strategy also supports Search Engine Optimization, as search engines effectively analyze your visuals along with the rest of your content before placing you on the result’s page. When optimizing your texts, images or videos, it is important to keep in mind, the changes should be made for the better understanding of the audience.
- An inventive visual content marketing strategy successfully builds strong and long lasting relationships with customers. Whether a visual content is user generated, brand created or organic, research states that millennial consumers trust visual content formats while making a serious purchasing decision.
Few points to remember while planning a visual content marketing strategy-
- Make sure your customers know when you are posting next. Social media is fast and people scrolling through your feed expect regular updates. Creating a publishing schedule will help you manage social media better. For example, a particular story or video regarding any product can be divided into parts, so that they can be posted every week.
- Efficient video content formats have to be explanatory. As a large number of people rely on online tutorials and demos, it is equally important to make videos and post content that help people understand your brand and its working better. Tutorials and demos play a major role in making buyers feel confident about their decisions.
- For successful video marketing campaigns, marketers should keep an active check on statistics and engagements. The number of times your video is played or shared can give a clear understanding of the effectiveness of your visual content marketing strategy.