Social login, often known as social sign-in is a strategy for user authentication and something that is becoming increasingly popular. Users can log into your website through any of their existing social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter or Google, simplifying the whole process and making it rapid. Isn’t it frustrating to return to a website only to find out that your password or username is incorrect? This is called password fatigue. Users face complicated sign ups all the time which leads to friction while onboarding or returning to a site and users leaving the site. Social login alleviates password fatigue, cart abandonment and makes the user experience enriching, it also streamlines access and lets users stay on your site longer.
On the other hand, businesses can streamline their user verification and access that data to focus on personalization. Almost 90 percent of people who have run across social media logins, more than half use them, according to a 2014 U.S. research report on “Social Login and Personalization”.
Consider some more stats on social login:
- According to a 2010 research called Blue Research showed that almost 86% customers found it irksome to create a new account at websites and they would prefer leaving the page or switching to other sites.
- The same research also found that almost 88% of customers filled incorrect information or left a few fields blank. And about 90% admitted that they do not remember their login sign-in information.
- 77% replied that social login is “a good solution that should be offered,” with 41% preferring social login over creating a new user account or using a guest account.
Here are some visible benefits of social login:
- Ease of use: Even if a customer might not remember the password of every site they’ve visited, they’re more than likely to easily remember that social media media password. One click social login can authenticate a user’s identity quickly by verifying the social graph data made available on their social media profile.
- Eliminate lengthy registration process: By providing social sign-in capabilities, customers can bypass length registration form filling processes as this data can be retrieved from their profile after permission approvals.
- Increase repeat visitors and purchases: Customers are more likely to revisit websites that remove barriers to entry and provide ease of access and smooth checkout process.
- Spending more time on your website: It is found that customers that use social sign-in to log in or register on a website spend more time browsing the website which increases the likelihood of them either engaging with different parts of the website like sharing, likes, comments or purchasing more frequently.
Why use Annex Cloud’s Social Login?
Our social login feature gives customers a seamless and fast checkout process and also alleviates shopping cart abandonment. Below are some benefits of using our Social Login solution:
- Make the shopping experience seamless by removing blockers that restrict fast checkout using one-click Social Login capability.
- Assures higher account creation leading to more registered members within your marketing email lists.
- Social Graph data made available from their social media profiles after customer approvals can provide additional marketing personalization.
- Easily incentivize your customers for registering with their social media account as well as create targeted campaigns when paired with our extensive loyalty program.
- Adding a new social media network in the future does not require significant development efforts as the integration is set up in a scalable manner.
- Any new business or technology changes by the social media networks are handled by Annex Cloud and does not require brands to manage these.
- Access to a powerful dashboard that creates reports to maximize ROI