A solid social marketing strategy comes down to a strong social presence boosted by the integration of onsite social tools. Lately, Pinterest is proving to be a powerful social resource for retailers resulting in increased referral traffic and conversion. With over 70 million followers mainly focused on purchasing, the network’s average order size is $140-180 and 0.9% in referral traffic converts.
Taking advantage of the opportunity Pinterest presents, Sephora recently incorporated the network into their social marketing mix, resulting in tremendous success. By utilizing Pinterest Web Analytics, Sephora has been able to pinpoint the products their shoppers are most interested in. The best part, Pinterest users did most of the work for Sephora. Inspiration came from the millions of users already actively engaging with beauty products making Sephora’s strategy a no-brainer.
“Pinterest is the perfect venue to visually share shoppable new products, how-to’s, and cool images. It’s a place to get inspired by beauty.” -Julie Bornstein, CMO & Chief Digital Officer
Table of Contents
- Make it easy to pin directly from the website.
- Use email to encourage Pinterest engagement.
- Added “Pin It” button to all product pages.
- “Pinterest-centric” emails campaign allowing readers to pin products straight from emails.
- 60% growth in traffic from Pinterest.
- Pinterest became a top 10 referring site for site traffic.
- Nearly 140,000 followers and 2,500 pins.
Read more about Sephora’s Pinterest strategy.