How To Be A Pro In Social Media ? For The Newbie
If you are new to the Social Media world and you have been told that “When it comes to Social Media jump on to the most popular topic of the day and you can get instant success”, then wake up the first thing you need to remember is Social Media is a long term commitment, there’s no shortcut here the only way to get the desired result is, when you are ready to stay long and have the patience to experiment. As a newbie remember few things while developing your Social Media Strategy.
- Describe and Analyze : Send a clear message out stating what you do so that everyone understands why you are there and start listening to what the word on your brand on the various Social Media Channels is. Analyze what got most reactions for your brand, who made them and how you can increase this ratio of reactions.
- Focus on the Target : The next step is deciding on the target for which you have chosen Social Media, this could be sales, Customer Support or brand building. Based on your target start focusing on communities and channels that will help you achieve your goal.
- Work on Content and Make your Presence Noticed : Once the goal is decided and you know the target audience the next step is working on the content and deciding how often you want to change it for example you can decide to write three blog posts per week, make one video and update your status every working day on selected social networks. It takes time develop a following for your social media sites. Apart from setting up a good profile and putting out some very impressive blog posts, you’ll need to continue to give regular attention to your content. By having a regular presence and building exponential numbers of followers, friends, and likes, you can impress more newcomers to your site. One thing to remember while making your presence is that you cannot be everywhere so allow others to dot it by enabling sharing.
- Encourage Conversations : The main aim of going Social is get people talking to you and each other. The content you are creating should make it easy to start and maintain conversations. Spend a little time responding to comments, tweets, and emails each day, or hire someone who can do it for you in a professional manner reflecting the general principles of your company mission. Encouraging others to join in on conversations makes them feel part of your process. Remember Social media is for people and people don’t wan to talk to faceless brands.
- Results and ROI : At the end of the day it’s all about the money. Analyze if you are getting what you expected out of the Social Media activities that you put in. Be consistent eliminate activities that are not giving desired result and persist with what you think can get you the desired result. Social media is a long term activity. Don’t be afraid of not achieving your goals immediately. Review, adjust and improve. As I said earlier it’s all about being patient.