Gamification Software – The Winning Medium of Customer Engagement
From a very early age, we have been programmed to achieve! The habit of seeking excellence is cultivated in kids by awarding them stars and stickers to accomplish small tasks. As adults, we too find great satisfaction in completing our daily step-count on our FitBits and smartwatches, charging our phone battery to the maximum of 100%, or hurrying to an empty check-out counter at the grocery store to get there first.
Marketing gurus and strategists have leveraged this to build better engagement strategies through gamification software.
What Is Gamification Software?
A term that surfaced in 2010 in the marketing arena, gamification refers to the implementation of gaming elements to marketing strategies to entice, excite, and keep customers engaged. A gamification software can be integrated within a mobile application, website, or even an online community. This software is designed to encourage task completion, achieve targets, and create an exciting and competitive engagement experience for the users.
Popular Examples of Gamification Software
- Duolingo – The language learning app, Duolingo, has an integrated gaming software where learners are encouraged to set and achieve daily targets and rewarded for following through. The learners can earn badges and get promoted to leagues and even compete with other pupils worldwide.
- FitBit – The fitness-tracker–smartwatch combo is designed to motivate users to stay active. You can achieve daily and weekly targets on the FitBit app, and the app will constantly remind you to either ‘walk a few more steps,’ ‘drink water,’ and even work out. The leadership board comprises of FitBit users from around the world and keeps the competition healthy.
- America’s Army Proving Grounds – The US Army released its official game in October 2015. The game is set in a war zone where players can test their reflexes and shoot enemies. The game aims at encouraging young Americans to be a part of the US Army and pursue a career in the military.
- Nike – Nike developed their gamification software way before it was even a buzzword. Nike+ allowed users to keep track of their data, such as the number of miles they ran and running performance, wirelessly. Nike+ successfully gained mass traction and encouraged the user to run more miles and aim for higher performance.
Why Does It Work?
A whopping 94% of people between the age group 18-29 have smartphones in the US. It is easier to connect with this young audience through social media and mobile applications. However, it is more difficult to engage and retain these users for a prolonged period due to the variety of apps being released every day and the shorter attention span.
Gamification software emerges as a clear winner to keep the audiences engaged. A report by Statista shows that games remained far ahead of other categories in then Apple App Store in 2020; 21.86% of apps belonged to the gaming category as of 2020. The gamification software repeatedly motivates the users to keep playing with the application to achieve targets, compete with other players, and escalate on the leadership boards.
Mistakes You Need to Avoid While Building Gamification Software
- Unattainable Goals – A mobile application must reinforce positive feelings in the users. If your application has unattainable targets and goals, the user is likely to give up on the application at some point. Consequently, the levels must also not be too easy or boring or they’re easily conquered or abandoned for something more interesting. You need to strike the right balance and test your product several times to ascertain that your application is engaging enough and has achievable targets.
- Not Enough Incentive – Why would anyone invest their time and effort in an application without any incentive? Provide your users with enough incentive so they are motivated to use your app.
- Monotony – Monotony is one of the major reasons for customer churn. It is imperative that your gamification software include interesting and engaging levels and keeps things intriguing for users for a prolonged time, so as to not lose customers.
Advantages of Gamification Software
- Increases Acquisition – It is very easy for an innovative gamification software to go viral. In the gaming world, word-of-mouth publicity is the most potent form of marketing. It will help in acquiring scores of new customers in a surprisingly short time.
- Gives Access to Data – The software also assists in accumulating insightful data on users who have utilized the software or downloaded the application, which can be used to create an engaging campaign and better-suited marketing strategies in the future.
- Boosts Engagement – The software focuses on creating competition, a highly effective way to keep your customers engaged. A healthy competition will ensure that your customer is investing more time and effort into the app to beat scores and set records.
- Boosts Customer Retention Rate – An engaged customer is a retained customer! Once a customer enjoys the application and is hooked on it, the customer is likely to remain engaged with the brand for an indefinite period.
- Creates a Value-Added Experience – Gamification software can help users hone their skillset and assists in cognitive development from learning and practicing new things. This creates a value-added experience and helps to enhance both customer engagement and customer experience.
- Increases Brand Loyalty – The customer satisfaction levels that can be achieved from gamification software are incredible. Satisfied customers are more likely to build a positive association with the brand and, in time, can be converted into successful brand advocates.
How Can Annex Cloud Help You?
To integrate gamification software successfully, you need the expertise and experience of a software and loyalty experience platform. Annex Cloud will help you create tailor-made gamification software solutions by leveraging features such as Badges and Leaderboards, where customers can check their real-time performance and compete with global players.
Annex Cloud allows brands and companies to accumulate, analyze, and better understand customer data and monitor campaign performance and engage the maximum number of customers. Annex Cloud’s solutions are designed to increase customer acquisition and engagement, boost brand awareness, and increase brand loyalty among customers.
To request a call from Annex Cloud, click here