When you have an ecommerce site, it’s a never ending battle to win repeat customers. You want to do everything to make that precious conversion, acquire customers and make them return to your site. Encouraging customers to make a repeat purchase is relatively easy and more cost effective than seeking new customers. Repeat customers are also more likely to come back for more, with a 27% possibility of a first time buyer making another purchase increasing to 54% after they’ve made three purchases.
However there are customers who come to your website and leave without making a purchase. What do you do about that? Today, marketers want to turn their site visitors into a paying customer. So, it is all about displaying effective retargeting ads these days when it comes to converting their site visitors into paying customers and eventually making them brand advocates. Understanding how to present your retargeting ads becomes more important than ever. Retargeting is a great way to re-engage customers who came to your site but have drifted away.
Here are 5 effective ways to get your customer back to your website:
- Personalized landing pages – Personalization is a proven method for customer retention because it shows that you care as a brand and traveled the extra mile for your customer. Landing on a web page that feels personalized and seems like it was particularly built for you makes you feel more connected with the brand. It’s almost like you’re rolling out the red carpet, and showing them that you care about their needs. The trust quotient increases exponentially. Create customized landing pages based on visitors’ previous purchase history and behavior, and suggest relevant content and products. Offering personalized services always pays off: 91% of customers will shop with brands who recognize what they truly need and provide personalized and relevant offers and product recommendations. Many customers today prefer Social login instead of a regular landing page, if you want to gain more valuable information of customers coming back then try introducing a shorter form so that they don’t have to enter the same information again. Wayfair does a great job of engaging customers by showing them products they’ve already viewed, and then products in a similar wheelhouse picked for them.
- Retargeted ads – Shopping cart abandonment is a nightmare for most marketers. So, what do you do to bring back customers to purchase with you? Of course make your customer experience compelling enough to complete the purchase loop. Secondly retargeted ads are considered gold standard when it comes to digital marketing. What does it mean? Basically bringing back lapsed customers by showing relevant ads to come back for more and finish that purchase. Google Ads, Facebook Retargeting, LinkedIn Ads, and other retargeting ads platforms can help you launch personalized retargeted campaigns based on previous interactions to remind your customers that you care and are there to fulfill their needs. Serious marketers use retargeting to increase sales, secure conversion rate, and increase customer loyalty. To remarket effectively, segment your audience based on buyer personas or design your marketing campaigns according to the customers’ need, for e.g. build an audience of people who visited your homepage or those who are not familiar with your company so that you can create ads that tell them who you are and what you can do for them or those who have abandoned shopping carts. Retargeting at the right time is also equally important. When a customer is about to leave your website, track them quickly by placing a retargeted ad on the next website they visit, when they abandon the cart, retarget them with the item and nudge them to complete the purchase, catch their attention during festivals and special events, retarget them before items expire and offer them a chance to reorder, also retarget them intermittently.
- Have a loyalty program – Reward your customers for their loyalty. Give them a shout out for singing praises for your brand on social media or feature testimonials on your website, let your brand advocates know that you’re listening and appreciate the support through free shipping, discounts, perks or special gifts. You can have customers sign up for your loyalty program, like Sephora’s Beauty Insider program, or it can be based on loyalty tiers—Sephora promotes users to higher-level programs when they touch spending thresholds, and such levels come with advanced perks. Reserved for the brand advocates, a loyalty program will ensure your customers reach their goals if they want to be a part of the elite group of customers. But loyalty should be rewarded accordingly: make your loyalty program’s rewards as special as possible. Sure, huge discounts are extremely appreciated, but getting creative is pivotal. Offer early access to products or exclusive event offers. Remember: the more personalized, the better. Also, if done right, fee based or paid loyalty programs boost the overall consumer experience, delivering personalized, high-value rewards and drawing the customer into a special community focused around a shared brand promise or offering.
- Leverage user generated content because user generated content that is transparent, socially integrated, personalized, data driven and insightful creates a more authentic buying experience and makes customers trust you as a brand. Product reviews, unboxing videos, instagram photos and testimonials are straightforward and organic ways of evaluating your brand offerings that improves shopper’s confidence and also influences decisions in most cases. Research states that brands with effective UGC will witness more sustainable growth than their competitors. UGC is used across various stages of the buyer’s journey to help drive engagement and improve conversions. The UGC content is sourced from customers and can be used on social media and other channels, like email, landing pages, or checkout pages.
- Email marketing is considered to be a surefire method that brands use to help them engage with their customers at a more personal level. As a matter of fact, research shows that email marketing is 40 times more effective at creating new customers than social media channels. Email marketing is a great way to establish a customer’s interest in your website, and can also be used to influence a user to return if you notice they haven’t been back in a while.
For more than 10 years, Annex Cloud has been the worldwide leader in technology and service solutions that transform customer loyalty experiences for organizations, extending valued customer engagement, and collecting valuable customer information for enabling data-led strategies. Powered by the comprehensive and scalable Loyalty Experience Platform™, Annex Cloud customers capture and use zero- and first-party data to seamlessly deliver hyper-personalized experiences across the entire customer journey – from awareness to purchase to retention, loyalty, and advocacy. Brands partner with us to take advantage of our robust platform capabilities as well as get industry expert recommendations that help ensure the success of their loyalty programs as well as increased customer retention. The company is recognized by industry respected organizations like Gartner and Forrester and integrates with 100+ market-leading technologies. Get in touch with us today!