21 Capabilities to Look for in Your Visual Commerce Platform
With visual commerce becoming an integral part of marketing, it is important to choose a platform that not only fits your company’s current needs but also allows for potential future expansion. A quality visual commerce platform has many aspects that help ensure seamless function and optimized ROI. Here are 21 capabilities to seek out when choosing your visual commerce platform.
Capabilities of Visual Commerce Platform :
- A smart engagement algorithm: Your consumer interest starts with engagement. A good engagement algorithm will allow you to track interests and help set up parameters for further contact. When following up with a consumer, timing is almost as critical as content. A follow-up that happens too soon or too late after a purchase is likely to be ignored.
- Intuitive dashboard: A good visual commerce platform will be easy to moderate despite a large number of images and videos. If you are struggling with a dashboard, it is time to switch to something more intuitive, and more efficient.
- Rights management: The ability to collect user consent for image use is one of the most important aspects of any visual commerce platform. Rights collection should be easy both for yourself and your consumers.
- Ambassador marketing: Among the most useful of visual commerce capabilities, ambassador marketing makes it easy for your biggest fans and social media influencers to promote your brand by connecting friends and users directly to your website. Last year alone saw 12.9 million companies invest in social media influencers, and that number is expected to double.
- Native A/B testing: This feature allows you to experiment with multiple visual displays and track responses to find out which option yields the best results.
- Video sourcing: Uploading and sharing videos should be simple, and a good video sourcing feature is key to easy video distribution.
- Smart image ranking: This allows you to rank images by popularity and influence to ensure that the consumer sees the best images first.
- Cloud storage: Working within the sphere of visual commerce requires extensive storage options. With limitless potential space, the cloud is the optimal place to store images and videos for backup and future use.
- Mobile responsive and adaptive features: Nearly 60% of consumer searches are now performed on a mobile device, and that number is even greater in the food and beverage sector.
- Comprehensive calls to action: There are many ways to reach out to customers including email, onsite CTAs and promotional materials. The most effective platforms will utilize all of these methods to optimize consumer retention.
- Flexible photo uploads: Allowing for flexible photo uploads is key for collecting quality images from consumers. A recent study showed that individuals have taken 1.2 trillion photos in the last year. While the majority of these comes from smartphones, others may come from various mobile devices or digital cameras.
- Content syndication: There is nothing wrong with reusing a good image. This feature allows you to utilize your images in several different venues, including manufacturers and other brand sites.
- Flexible image display options: This feature is key to buying inspiration. Whether the consumer is using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or even computer for browsing, the consumer will be seeing the best possible presentation of that image.
- Ease of interaction: Consumers should easily be able to interact with images via comments and likes. In the case of contests, consumers should easily be able to vote for their favorite image.
- Rewards and third-party integration: Encourage customers to become advocates by integrating an easy, intuitive rewards system. A recent trend has seen astute advertising companies going beyond the traditional rewards system to retain consumer interest, which is why third-party integration is critical.
- Dynamic cropping: This feature ensures image fit and overall aesthetic, no matter where a given picture is displayed.
- Image hotspots: These help ensure that your consumers can easily identify the products featured in the image and guides the consumer towards those specific products.
- Omni-channel functionality: This feature allows you to go beyond online visual marketing by bringing the same concepts into your physical stores.
- Options to go international: Whether you are a local company looking to grow or are already international, the options of reaching consumers around the globe is worth consideration.
- Moderation workflow: This feature allows consumer questions to be answered in a quick and comprehensive manner by your staff by categorizing a problem. For instance, if a consumer has not received an item, that problem will be labeled as a shipping issue. Such labels will allow for faster problem solving by staff which ultimately results in a happy customer.
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics: Analysis is key to success. Look for a reporting system that includes net ROI, influencer reports, interaction reports and revenue reports.
Make sure the digital marketing tools you’re setting up satisfy your brand’s needs. Look for these and other important features when shopping for your visual commerce platform.